More China Plant Tour Tips – How To Check The Plant
Here I want to share some tips based on my personal experience.
- The boss/decision maker of the plant
In general, the boss/decision maker’s attitude or working style is conveyed to his/her subordinates, and hence it will affect the efficiency of the whole production/delivery procedure. So if you find the boss is unprofessional or uncooperative from the very beginning, you should think twice about your choice of supplier.
- The equipment of the plant
The equipment can normally give a clear impression of the abilities of the plant. We are not necessarily saying the equipment has to be imported equipment; rather, we try to understand if the given equipment can deliver the ideal product. Asking the plant for the equipment list and maintenance status will be a smart test.
- The production procedure and quality control
Asking the plant if they have proper production procedures/quality control systems is very important. That helps us to understand if there is a systematic way to audit the whole process of implementing our order and insuring the right product is delivered on time. Normally, our questions would be along the following lines:
- Does the factory have daily production reports?
- Does it keep a weekly production progress report to identify and compare in-process and completed orders with order delivery dates?
- Does the factory have a written QA procedures or manuals?
- Does the factory complete its own final audits?
- Does the factory have documentation inspection standards?
- What percentage of received raw materials is inspected?
- Is there an inspection process between each production section?
Of course, the questions above are only part of what should make up the most frequently asked questions, and these are also subject to each buyer's individual needs during the visit. Yet they can be used as a basic guideline of what needs to be asked.
- The working environment of the plant
Generally speaking, many aspects affect and can reflect the quality or the standard of the plant. Different products, different amounts of an order can sometimes also make different requirements of the plant. The visitor should prepare the necessary questions beforehand, and not merely ask random questions during the visit.
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: More China Plant Tour Tips – How To Check The Plant.
TrackBack URL for this entry: